Wedding in India is a massive affair and involves lots of preparations. There are many events associated with an Indian wedding. From wedding planning, trousseau, several ceremonies, wedding attire, entertainment, dine and wine, photography to selecting a perfect venue, every element of wedding calls for detail attention.
Given below are few of the Indian wedding tips that may come handy for your wedding preparations:
- Pen down your thoughts for a perfect wedding.
- Start planning considering your budget and preferences.
- Select a wedding venue and negotiate with a caterer and a photographer well in advance. Alternatively you may hire an Indian wedding planner as per your requirements to take care of your every requirement.
- Jewelry and wedding attire are important aspects of any wedding. You may choose gold, silver, platinum or diamond jewelry depending on your budget and taste. There are many stores in Delhi and Mumbai from where you can buy the clothes and Jewelry. If your budget is high, you may go for designer or customized jewelry. For pre-wedding functions, you may opt for light and delicate jewelry.
- Send wedding invitees to your guests well in advance.
- Music is an integral part of any wedding. You can hire a DJ or a live band depending on the theme of the wedding that can play perfect songs suiting the mood and ceremonies.
- Do remember to book a salon for your wedding make-up. Book yourself a for trial sessions so that you know your look for your special day.
- Don’t panic on the wedding day and keep calm.
But no matter how hard it may seem help is at hand. Just follow our 5 steps to the Perfect Indian Wedding, and you’ll be fine.
1. Fix the date – The wedding date is what it all comes down to. Once you’ve decided this, you can carry on with all other planning and preparations. It is best to have a few options up your sleeve. Sometimes a venue or a caterer of choice may not be available on one day but will be on the other.
2. Set your budget – Before you begin to plan your wedding, decide on a budget. Everything else revolves around this: the size of the wedding, the guest list, the program, the band, the cards, and the food. If you’re expecting many guests to India work out ways with your wedding planner to help them see your country in advance to save on entertainment and travel costs with early bird deals and bulk discounts.
3. Define your style – Figure out what kind of wedding you want: a big traditional wedding or a minimalist modern wedding; do you want pre-wedding ceremonies and parties; a wedding reception. Based on your budget and interest, list out your choices and proceed to the next phase. If you’re organizing a complicated full-scale ceremony with priests, do remember to provide a translation or explanation of the proceedings for your guests. This will help keep everyone involved and let them connect with your traditions as well. Having an English speaking priest really helps too .
4. Make the bookings – This is where you will be the busiest. Based on your budgets and your wedding date, it is time to make your bookings.
* First of all decide on your wedding planner
* Choose the venue according to your wedding plan.
* Decide on the events and number of venues you want to have for all the functions.
* Choose you meal plan with the hotel and the caterer.
* Pick out your cards and trousseau.
* Make appointments to get your marriage license and other legal issues.
5. Organize yourself – An organized mind is half the battle won. Make use of technology, use spreadsheets and calendars to record details. Make sure you file contracts and receipts carefully in separate files. Keep copies of everything. Mark out due dates and advances made. Delegate duties to friends and family members; this will help things go smoothly. Remember, the real fun of an Indian wedding is that everyone gets involved!
With this five-point guide, your wedding preparations should go smoothly, and should result in the wedding of your dreams. So go ahead – enjoy the best day of your life!